Monday 8 April 2013

Sex, Brownies, Chinese Food Buffet, C25K and Girls



This weekend did not bode well for my countdown to Canada Day weight loss goal.

Friday I was good.  I did my “Killer” Thighs and Buns.  I came in near perfect for calories.  Friday evening I had a “date” night with my hubby.  Just a “sexy” stay in date night.  If you catch my drift.  Operation Baby Making (OBM) has taken up during April.  February we both had bad colds and we were pretty much celibate.  We decided April we would start up OBM.  Here is the thing: I have mentioned before about stopping the pill has upped my horny factor about 10x.  I know I had read the Birth Control Pill (BCP) could hinder one’s sex drive, however, while I was on the BCP, I didn’t really think it was hindering me.  But then I stopped the pill.  Now, every time I look at my husband I want to jump him.  The not having sex during a cold was more his decision as 1. He thought it was mean to have sex with me while I couldn’t breath.  Fair enough, even though I just about begged him.  (Truth be told, I think he might have been grossed out by my snottiness and my talking like a Dude, but he was sweet and pretended that wasn’t it.)  Then he caught my cold and he was very much a man and didn’t move off the couch for two weeks.  Except to go to work.  Anyways.  Back to my overactive sex drive…  Going off the BCP probably had most of the effect of upping my sex drive.  No doubt.  But I am also a bit more confident now that I have shed 30 pounds.  My husband has NEVER made me feel bad about my weight; he has always found me attractive.  But, definitely my own head and lack of self confidence were detrimental on their own.  30-pounds (still a work in progress) but I feel rather, if I dare say, sexy.   I watch my reflection when I walk pass windows and mirrors.  I no longer “scurry” in a shy, mousey manner; I almost strut, for lack of a better term.  This also makes me more carefree in the bedroom, I am not worrying about my rolls as much, which allows me to enjoy everything more… ;)

Friday evening I made these brownies courtesy of the The Londoner.  According to My Fitness Pal, mine came in at 80 calories a piece.  So of course I had to top them with low fat whipped cream.  100 calories!  These are really good and tasty for a low cal chocolaty treat!



Saturday I knew was going to be tough.  We had plans to go to dinner with our friends to a Chinese Food Buffet.  I LOVE Chinese Food.  I knew I was not going to stay within my calorie count.  So I tried my best to be as healthy as possible during the day.  I did my “Killer” and I washed all the floors and vacuumed the whole house.  During the day, my calories were really good.  Then dinner happened.  And Fatty Jes took over.  I knew she would.  I kinda let her do her thing.  I gorged.  However, I can say I had two plates of food versus the three or four I would normally have had.  Plus, I had a big plate of dessert.  So while I wasn’t as Fatty Jes as I normally was, she still came out for a while to party.  (She may have called me a pussy when I had to pack it in; I was filled right up to my throat with food.)  I fear to estimate how many calories I ate, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was close to 4000.  I shudder to think if they were even over that number.  (I am still super bloated today.  At least I am blaming the food as it had better not be my time of the month yet, I just finished that bad boy.)

Sunday I was feeling a little crazy and I attempted Day 1 of Week 1 of C25K.  My dog and I ran/walked around our neighbourhood.  My dog is just as much as a couch potato as I am; she hates walks.  She spends the first half of any walk stopping and trying to drag me backwards towards the house.  The second half, when she realizes we are heading home, she drags me back to the house.  She seemed to like the running parts, probably because she thought it would be over sooner, hahaha.  The running just about killed me.  I do not run.  I sweated crazy more then in a Jillian DVD.  I got back to the house huffing and puffing even more then any hockey game.  My plan for April was to do 30 Jillian workouts.  I missed April 1st, but I did two workouts Wednesday last week to make up for it.  So far, I have done a serious workout everyday.  I may not makeup this missed Jillian, I don’t know yet, as the C25K was a big workout for me.  Still debating this….  When we got home, my husband and I watched Girls for the first time.  I am HOOKED; we watched four episodes in a row.  I wasn’t great with my calories, but I came in under my “maintain” calories of 2100.  And I ran, so I feel that is alright.

Today I am back on track.  I am looking forward/dreading the Potluck this Friday that I am attending.  I love Potluck, and while I may try to make healthy choices, I am not depriving myself of yummy foods.  Fatty Jes will inevitably raise her ugly head, but I will most likely let her.  And then you will all read me bitch and complain the following week, hahaha.

2 comments:

  1. POTLUCKS, oh man. I have a love/hate relationship with those babies. SO MANY GOODIES! and approximately none of them are healthy :( Good luck girlie. And keep running it WILL get BETTER!! I PROMISE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally have a love/hate of potluck too:)

      Thank you! I keep debating to keep running, I am not a runner, but it was sort a fun :)

      Delete