Thursday 4 April 2013

If you offer someone cheesecake ….



You should maybe warn them if it is a SAVOURY Cheesecake.  Where I am from, cheesecake is a sweet, decadent dessert.  Period.  You can have baked or non-baked; you can have plain cheesecake or fruity or chocolaty or caramelly goodness; you can then have a million options of cheesecake toppings.    

Savoury cheesecake is not the norm for me.  So when someone offers me a piece of cheesecake,  “Do you want a piece of cheesecake?” I assume dessert.  I assume sweet.  I assume NOT BLUE CHEESE.

This little bit of trickery, I truly believe, was not intentional.  As the person who handed it to me left the room before I tried the cheesecake.  The cheesecake was topped with Apricot jam.  I saw the fruit and I thought, plain cheesecake topped with Apricot.  Yum!  WRONG.  I barely got the first bite into my mouth when my taste buds took a football to the groin.  I have been informed it’s still considered a dessert to which I say that’s a blatant lie!

I do not like blue cheese.  I have never liked blue cheese.  I often try things I don’t like periodically just to see if my taste buds have changed and sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t.  Blue cheese is one of those items (along with mushrooms and green beans.  I dunno why, but I still don’t like them) that I still do not like.

The good news is, I was going to go over my calorie count for the day with the cheesecake, as I did not actually eat any of the cheesecake, (I spat it out in a fit of horror) my calories are back on track!


2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! They look deceivingly delicious, however, blue cheese is not a dessert and also should never be sprung on anyone unknowingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKYOU! I couldn't get over how everyone was so non-chalant about it, you have to warn someone! :)

    ReplyDelete