Wednesday 27 March 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday

button


Following the blog link up from Erin and Alex!

Last Weigh In: March 20, 2013 – 174 pounds.

Today’s Weight:175.5, Not going to beat myself up, TOM and Bloated like a beached whale on a hot, sunny day.  Seriously, my pants feel like I am going to bust the button across the room.

Starting Weight: September 19th, 2011 - 205 pounds. Down overall 29.5 pounds.

Operation Baby Making Status (OBM): Not preggers yet. (Not trying until April)

I don’t really know what to say except being a woman sucks huge, hairy balls once a month.  My skin that I was so excited about finally clearing up, looks like a pepperoni pizza pie.  (I never call it a pie but it just came out as my fingers typed, meh, I will go with it.)  And I am BLOATED.

I bought Jillian’s Killer Buns and Thighs as I am crazy obsessed with her.  Like every Jillian DVD she really gives you a full body workout, it’s just geared a bit more to legs and bum.  Let me tell you, the sides of my thighs/arse are freaking sore.  I took an unscheduled rest day today as my HOCKEY TEAM PLAYS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME ON SATURDAY FOR THE GOLD MEDAL!!!! I need to make sure my arse doesn’t hurt for the game.  Tomorrow, if my arse is all right, I will be doing the 30-Day Shred.  Friday will be a rest day again. 

Some fun things I am looking forward to for this weekend and April:

FOUR DAY WEEKEND this weekend!!! WOOT WOOT!!!  - Four glorious days off with my hubby, we haven’t had more then one day off together since Christmas!

My team playing in the championship game on Saturday!!!  -  They do it up huge where they call our names and we skate out on the ice and then they play the national anthem.  (I know I will cry, I always do when the anthem is played, but it’s even more exciting as it’s being played for US!)  All of the teams encourage all their family and friends to come out and cheer us on.  Usually the stands have three or four spectators a game but championship games its closer to a hundred.  (I am a little nervous about that!)  They also arrange a ceremonial puck drop and some how in the last two years they got real hockey players to drop the puck.  Two years ago , there was a retired Toronto Maple Leaf.  I don’t remember his name but he was in his 70’s at least and even had a Stanley Cup Ring that he won with the Toronto Maple Leafs (If you follow hockey at all you would know that my beloved Leafs have not won a Stanley cup since 1967, so this gentleman was quite old.)  To see Lord Stanley’s ring was really cool.  Last year a woman from Canada’s Olympic Gold Medal Hockey team dropped the puck.  She wore her gold medal, which was really cool as I had never seen an Olympic medal in real life.  As we play in a co-ed league, seeing a Olympic Gold medalist who was a woman was really cool.  This is sadly the last game of the season, but I signed up for summer hockey which starts in May!  I can’t wait!

Easter Sunday -  My Mom puts on a HUGE feast.  Yum!

Thursdays in April I am enrolled in a cake decorating course!!!  I love to bake, but I have never been good at the decorating part and I have wanted to do the course for the last three years, so I finally got my arse in gear and enrolled!!!

Next Saturday we are going out for dinner with two of our good friends.

Two Fridays from now our hockey franchise is having a huge potluck which I am supper excited for.

That Sunday I have a baby “sprinkle” to go to for our good friends.  EEE!!!!  So excited for baby stuffs!!!  And it’s ice cream themed as my friend LOVES ice cream. 

Three Fridays from now is our hockey league’s gala.  They give out awards and there is dancing and everyone gets dressed up like it’s prom.  I didn’t get nominated for anything this year, but meh.  Last year I was nominated for the Referee’s Sportsmanship Award!  I didn’t win “but it was an honour just to be nominated”! haha  I didn’t even realize the refs were watching us for things like that. 

Busy month.  Once hockey is done on Saturday I plan on trying to do a Jillian workout EVERY day for April.  I felt I couldn’t do that during hockey season as I didn’t want to be burnt out for my games.  (I say this as if I am hot stuff and like it matters how well I play.  Just to be clear, I play for a beginners league.  While I feel like I am flying on the ice like Gretzky, in reality, we are crawling at a turtle's pace.  But it’s the most fun I have ever had.) 

4 comments:

  1. I hate that TOM feeling but luckily you'll be back on track in no time! Just drink plenty of water and flush that gain right out of your system! I bet playing hockey burns some calories and it sounds like a blast... so fun! Can't wait to see your results from Jillian, she will kick your ass for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am drenched in sweat after hockey! The biggest workout I have had to date and it's CRAZY FUN. I love it. I look forward to it every week!!! :)

      Delete